eBook... any hope?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Mon Jan 15 18:18:59 UTC 2001

We haven't approached RCA yet.

Last week I visited Microsoft to look at their eBook and, more
interesting, their "Dynabook". Both are really great. The latter was
done by Chuck Thacker, the genius who did most of the hardware at
Xerox PARC. There are only a few of these right now, but they are
going to make a few hundred for experiments and have promised me a
few so we can get Squeak on it. All I can say here is that Chuck (as
usual) did a great job.

Cheers,

Alan