Final call for 2.9 updates

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Jan 26 04:56:39 UTC 2001

> The 25/01/01 at 18:31, Bob Arning <arning at charm.net> wrote:
>
> >  Squeakers,
> >
> >  As you know, Dan plans on wrapping up 2.9 next week and issung a 3.0alpha in
> >  preparation for putting Squeak on the web in a bigger way. To that end I will be
> >  collecting changes that are good candidates for inclusion into 2.9 before it closes. I
> >  will go back through the list looking for stuff that is there, but if you want to
> >  lobby/remind/nag for your favorites, let me know in the next few days. Actual
> >  change sets or urls are handy, but anything you think will help is good.
> >
> >  Cheers,
> >  Bob
>
> Hi Bob,
>         I'll appreciate Whisker by Doug Way be in the standard image....  :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence!  I'd be very happy to see Whisker in
the base image, although in some ways I'm not sure if it's really ready
to be added, since I still have some significant changes planned before
it settles down.

But on the other hand, there have been plenty of other half-finished
things added to the base image, and it's often a better way to get
improvements/fixes made from more people more quickly.  Anyway, I'll
leave it up to SqC. :)  (It seems to increase the size of a base image
by about 1%, by the way.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com