Supporting newish input devices

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 3 03:13:09 UTC 2001

John Kozak <jk at xylema.org> wrote:
> Most important question is clearly "what colours are they?"
> (provisionally "green" and "mauve" here).

infraread and ultraviolet?  :)

> Second most important question is "what to do with them?".  Selection
> and Connection spring to mind

Having at least one button for secondary operations would be nice.
Squeak takes a button for menus and a button for halos, leaving just one
button for primary operations.  I've often thought that four would be
the perfect number of buttons for Smalltalking....

Actually, a bit wasteful, you could use one for primary and the other
for secondary.  The original red button is then just for grabbing.
Probably too wasteful, though, and if you didn't practice you'd never
remember what all the buttons do.  :)

Lex