[BUG] sound on NT?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 3 03:33:09 UTC 2001

Okay, another question.  I've seen the problem on 4-5 different
accounts, so this time I know it's not just me.  Has anyone tried sound
lately on Windows NT?

With a VM downloaded just a few days ago., the first sound plays fine,
but playing a second one causes an error message to appear in a little
white box at the bottom of the screen.  The message is similar to "the
specified device may not be opened more than once".  This is odd,
because I don't see why the sound device would be reopened at all.

I've heard rumors about the same problem on Windows 2000.  Nobody using
Windows 98 or Windows ME seems to have trouble, however.

Any ideas?  Does anyone know NT well enough to fix such a thing?

Lex Spoon