Zurgle was: Luna/Borg

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Tue Jul 3 20:19:27 UTC 2001

You've brought this on yourselves. Here is the background of what I have
been thinking that led me to the conclusion that I needed to implement a new
lightweight window manager for Squeak:

http://people.we.mediaone.net/trade/zurgle.htm

it is also available as a pdf file:

http://people.we.mediaone.net/trade/zurgle.pdf

As you might guess, there isn't a whole lot of useful information in the
above, rather just some broad strokes painted on a canvas. If you're looking
for implementation details and such, don't bother with the above I'm still
in the process of investigating several ideas. Hopefully as I understand
things a little better further on down the road, I'll be able to produce a
more detailed design talk.

Note that, like most of the things that I write, I considered the paper done
when I get sick of looking at it. This means there are usually wide gaps. If
anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to send them.

Jim