Inexplicably re-subscribed to the squeak mailing list

brian at hex.net brian at hex.net
Thu Jul 5 20:48:55 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:46:11AM +0200, Christian Brunschen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> starting a couple of days ago I am suddenly getting mail on the squeak-dev
> mailing list, to which I was last subscribed _17 months_ ago. Now Squeak
> is all nice and dandy, but I do _not_ enjoy being suddenly subscribed to a
> mailing list _without_ actually subscribing to it!

I think the proper thing to do at this point is for the squeak list
maintainter to remove all subscriptions. Those who are interested
can re-subscribe.  Not only is this the right thing to do, but it will
also maintain the integrity of the organization.  Nobody likes to be
called a spammer (well, except spammers)...

  --Brian