Inexplicably re-subscribed to the squeak mailing list

brian at hex.net brian at hex.net
Fri Jul 6 01:56:59 UTC 2001

Um...I don't think "silly" and "pointless" are good ways to describe
responsibility.  No, the list wasn't moved "perfectly," and it is the
responsibility of whomever the list maintainer is to set things right.
A list maintainer has the responsibility to ensure the list is managed
correctly and does not subscribe individuals who have shown no
interest in subscribing.  I think you do a disservice to everybody who
has shown an interest in squeak by subscribing to the announce list,
only to now find themselves subscribed to another list.

There was a mistake made, and it needs to be fixed.  Nobody's asking
for perfection here.  All that's being asked is that the individual(s)
responsible live up to their responsibilities.

BTW, this is my official request to be removed from this list, since
all other avenues I've attempted have been ignored.

  --Brian