new CE/iPAQ VM

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Sat Jul 7 21:55:23 UTC 2001

  Hi, Diego,

  As you say, using the hardware button and make Morphic/UI
usable on PDA is one way to improve it.  However, I have to
say that I'm not convinced that this is a good way to go.
For example, I guess you agree with me that resizing a
window with yellow circle handle on PDA isn't too handy.  I
would say that it would be nicer to extend Morphic for
pen-based operation, or further, to build another
PDA-centric UI framework.

  Actually, John Maloney has written a UI framework named
PenSprites and we have been using it to build PDA-centric
applications.  For me, this works pretty handy and I don't
want to assign mouse-move or other functionality to the
hardware button.

-- Yoshiki