Handling big morphs

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Jul 8 00:46:24 UTC 2001

Ross,

On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 16:32:21 -0700 Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
>I think I may be using a different tool than you are thinking of for
>profiling; I do
>TimeProfileBrowser onBlock: [(ActivityTableMorph new manager: TaskManager
>ross) listChanged openInHand]
>
>and get something titled "Time Profile".  I am unable to select or
>highlight the text it displays in the upper pane, the one giving the time
>breakdown.  I am unable to find or access the menu you refer to.

Oh, that's a fancier version that we need for this experiement. I was referring to:

MessageTally spyOn: [
	(ActivityTableMorph new manager: TaskManager ross) listChanged openInHand
]

or from the world menu choose debug/start MessageTally.

>I have tried putting it on BSS; I might even have succeeded!  I hit share,
>and my hand changed to a little thing with my name.  The nebraska browser
>appeared.  Then I hit publish it.  My cursor disappeared until I hit
>refresh display.  Then I selected BSS as my target and hit OK.  Stuff
>transmitted for awhile (along with a graphic indication) and I got a grid
>superimposed on my workspace.  Then it asked if I wanted to publish a
>change set as part of the project (roughly).  I said yes.  Since then, silence.
>
>It asked me for my name, but has not asked for a name for the project.  I
>have a big white pane that says publishing -- collecting resources.  And it
>seems to have stopped there.

Nebraska is something else entirely. Doing the Share may have messed up the Publish. Anyway, what you want to do is:

- be in the project you want to publish
- avoid having a lot of extraneous stuff open to keep the size down
- if you wish to export the code required by the project (you do in this case), be sure the change set containing the necessary code is the current change set
- hit the Publish button
- select BSS
- answer yes to the question about including the change set

everything else should be straightforward.

Cheers,
Bob