porting 2.7 morph dragging to 3.1

John Briggs johneb47 at optushome.com.au
Sun Jul 8 08:11:34 UTC 2001

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 11:43:11AM -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> is widely believed to have written:
>

> > Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > >
> > > I have some 2.7 written code involving the dragging of morphs that needs
> > > porting to 3.1. So far I've only had time to discover that a
> > > method #drag: seems to be involved in the code and it seems not to be
> > > hooked up when the code is filed into a 3.1 image.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a long enough memory to be able to provide some clues
> > > what has changed between the two versions?
> >
> > Does this involve the drag'n'drop mechanism?
> I actually don't know enough to even properly answer this! What would I
> look for to work this out?

Hi Tim

Just as an exercise Squeak programming I ported David N. Smith's Hangman.cs
from 2.7 to 2.8.

I filed in the change set and debugged any errors that appeared.
I replaced all occurrences of openDragAndDrop to enableDragNDrop.

I have not as yet ported it to 3.0/3.1 but I understand the DrapNDrop may have
changed yet again.

I hope this helps

Regards

John Briggs