porting 2.7 morph dragging to 3.1

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 9 15:12:43 UTC 2001

"Jim Benson" <jb at speed.net> is widely believed to have written:

> Tim,
>
> As you know, the definitive Squeak work on line-connected morphs by Ned Konz
> is available on the super swiki as 'NK-ConnectorsDemo.056.pr'.
Yup, and I'd love to convert to it, but I rather think it would involve
the full rewrite of maybe half the entire code I've got to deal with.
(And you should see some of that code; it _needs_ rewriting) There is
only budget for a day or so for the 2.7-3.1 conversion, so I doubt I
could do that.

> If you're looking at a more lightweight approach, like "just tell me how to
> fix this bugger", I plan on looking at it tomorrow (looking at the time, I
> guess later today ;-)
That would be the need for now! I guess I need some way to severely
restrict the grabbing so that it can't go outside the box, does re-embed
(or doesn't dis-embed(HUH?) the morph in the box and does allow me to
update the link endpoints.

I guess the good news for the community is that the answers are going to
make good documentation and help get the DoubleClickExample fixed.
Examples that actually work are always a good idea....

tim

Useful Latin Phrases:- Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem! = Stand
aside plebians! I am on imperial business.