Plug-ins and Linux

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 22:41:25 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> The compilation steps are described in BUILD.UnixSqueak, but in short,
> you can do:
>
>         mkdir build
>         cd build
>         ../src/unix/configure --prefix=$HOME
>         make install
>
> This will install the vm in $HOME/bin and the plugins in
> $HOME/lib/squeak/, which it sounds like you will be happy with.  Another
> common choice is --prefix=/usr/local .
>
> Is this what you tried?  If so, what happened?  If not, please try it :)

Thanks Lex, it worked this time (after I'd re-run inisqueak). I think I
was getting errors before because I'd uncompressed your stuff into my
old source directory and was trying to run everything from there: looks
like some stuff simply wasn't being found. Silly me! Doing it your way,
everything built just fine.

So, now I can run mpegs in Squeak. I still can't get that pesky
HTMR_20-_20Squeak_20Central.003.pr to load -- the one at Squeakland --
(error: a primitive has failed) -- has anyone managed to get that to
work outside a Mac?

Thanks again

Cheers

John