Living happily together

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 10 04:27:32 UTC 2001

On Monday 09 July 2001 20:58, you wrote:
> Jon,
>
> > If you use an FSM for dragging, its almost trivial to add this...
>
> Sorry, my acronym memory just shorted out. When an acronym starts with F I
> usually get scared. What does FSM stand for?

A finite state machine. You model your behavior in terms of states and
transitions between those states caused by events. So the response to an
event depends on the current state, and may include changing the current
state.

I based the event handling in my Connectors stuff on a flexible FSM class. So
I write the event handlers by assembling states and transitions.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com