Living happily together

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Jul 10 18:22:26 UTC 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:45:28 -0400, Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> Hierarchical ordering is nice... the various Envy browsers did this. (did yours disable or otherwise indicate the superclasses which were not in the current category?)

We didn't show them at all. Could be problematic sometimes, but it made the
list small, and most of the time it worked out okay... If I had to do it
again, I'd probably add all the superclasses, and show them in a different
color or something...

> Working on browsing tools can be fun. :)

Yeah, for sure. The reason we wrote it was to have an incremental
improvement in the current browsers, and it was very easy to extend and add
new features to. It didn't try to be the end-all and be-all in browsers, it
didn't replace the messages browser, but what it did it did very well. It
allowed us to do the kind of coding we did quickly, disrupting the flow as
little as possible.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com