Squeakland plugin for Linux.

Christopher Sawtell csawtell at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jul 12 00:59:11 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
>
> > It's my opinion that the Bert Freudenberg Browser plugin goes
> > sufficiently well
> > that it could be loaded via the url:-
> >
> > http://www.squeakland.org/plugin/supported.html?/plugin/launch.html
> >
> > I wonder what the reason is that the table row for Linux is empty?
>
> I find it even more disturbing that the detector script still takes me to
> the Mac page. It looks like there are *only* downloads for Mac. Chris, how
> did you manage to find that URL?

It's where you get taken if your browser is not on the list of "approved
clients".

> And Michael, my browser string is " Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2smp
> i686; en-US; rv:0.9.1) Gecko/20010622 " which should translate to
> "Netscape 6.x on Linux" in your table. The linux plugin still only works
> in Netscape 4.x, though (not sure about 4.0x).

It quite definately works with Konqueror-2.2 with the netscape plugin.

Looks real good, btw.

A tiny improvement might be for the display of the jpeg images to
display
some of the intermediate stages of the progression. Here I wee the first
cut with the pixel being about 1 or 2mm, and then after a fairly long
pause, while the images d/l, the final image suddenly appears in it's
full glory. One tends to wonder if something is broken during the pause.

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME       Christopher Sawtell
 CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
 ICQ UIN    45863470
 EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
 CNOTES
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

 -->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to
me <<--