Morph for moving images around, animations, etc.

r summers rsummers at batelco.com.bh
Thu Jul 12 19:55:17 UTC 2001

I'm a newbie to Squeak Morphic!  What a fantastic program!

I'm a civil engineer based overseas and do a lot of work in linux that
involves presentations, simulations, desktop publishing etc. of complex
technical concepts -- I find that many people don't have good visulization
skills and that computer graphics/animation (especially Blender, Gimp, etc)
are a wonderful way to show audiences what is happening in a material or
system.  However, as of yet, I haven't found any core program to bring all
of these elements together on screen -- that is until I came across Squeak
Morphic.  Although I've been programming since the 1970's I haven't used
Smalltalk until recently -- but it's a fantastic language as I see it.

My questions are - does anyone have any suggestions out there for a morph
that can move grahic images such as a jpeg, gif etc around in a world
setting? Is there a way to show targa, jpeg or mjpeg animations, and swf
animation files?  I've also compiled in plugins for mpeg sound and movies --
suggestions on how to show these too?

Regards

Robin