[BUG] SystemWindow>>delete, #release instead of#removeDependent:

Andres Valloud sqrmax at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 14 20:57:51 UTC 2001

Hello.

> In the SystemWindow>>delete method, the actual code send #release to the
> model making that all possible views of the model get 'broken'.

Hah!... Just an hour ago I went over this method!!!

> I think that change these 2 lines:
>
>         model windowIsClosing; release.
>         model _ nil.
>
> to:
>
>         model windowIsClosing.
>         self model: nil.
>
> could fix this bug, but I'm not sure if this fix broke some existing use of
> SystemWindow.

Ummm... you might have disabled the releasing of event hooks. Try this
(coarse) way to find out... save the image, open a bunch of windows of
each type, close them, save the image. If the image size went noticeably
up, you have a memory leak.

Andres.