Jerry Archibald, 1940-2001

Rosemary Michelle Simpson rms at cs.brown.edu
Sun Jul 15 19:16:44 UTC 2001

Hi Dave,

> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:45:00 -0400
> To: Rosemary Michelle Simpson <rms at cs.brown.edu>
> From: "David N. Smith (IBM)" <dnsmith at watson.ibm.com>
> Subject: Re: Jerry Archibald, 1940-2001
> Cc: rms at cs.brown.edu
>
> Hi:
>
> The suggestions were either a heart research place (or the American
> Heart Association), or someplace that does work on chronic
> depression.
>
> I was hoping that someone would take up the task of collecting from
> others and make a single larger contribution to someplace. I know
> that if I did it, it would go slowly, and maybe never got done. I have
> good intentions but my follow thru is poor right now due to various
> things.
>
> So, unless someone else signs up, it may have to be individual
> contributions.
>
> Dave

I asked Dr. James Chu at McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA for a
suggestion and this was his reply:

The MDDA - Manic Depression and Depression Association is a
worthwhile consumer (patient) organization that provides support and
education to persons with mood disorders. If you like, checks can be
made out to MDDA sent to me. I'd be glad to forward them to the MDDA.
My formal title and mailing address is:

James A. Chu, M.D.
Chief of Hospital Clinical Services
McLean Hospital