Simultor frameworks for Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jul 17 00:37:44 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 04:57:17PM -0500, david at aminal.com wrote:
> I thought it might be interesting to do some simulations of Freenet
> ( http://www.freenetproject.org ) and, even better, to use Squeak to
> do them.
>
> I *think* what I need to do this is a discrete event simulator framework,
> does such a thing exist for Squeak?
>
> I did some looking on the swiki and a quick search of the smalltalk archives,
> and didn't come up with anything.
>
> This is a personal project for my own amusement and edification, and I'm
> probably getting into something that's way over my head, but I thought
> I'd ask anyway :-)
>
> David Schutt

Check out "Smalltalk-80 the Language" by Adele Goldberg and David Robson,
chapters 22-26. A couple of folks have taken the trouble to type the
code into Squeak. I don't recall whom to give credit to or where the
latest/best copy resides, maybe someone can give a pointer. I can send
you a copy by private email if nobody comes up with a better answer.

Dave