The little yellow dot -- SystemWindow resizing

Joern Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at brokat.com
Tue Jul 17 11:59:52 UTC 2001

Jim Benson wrote:
> However, I've noticed that when I start building out window frames, most of
> the corner rectangular areas will be occluded by other morphs.

Oh, yes, of course. I was somehow bent on the idea that the frame was "overlaid" over the actual contents, but there's no reason not to do it the other way round.

> [...] and insuring
> that the resizing points are on the Display .

Hm, does that mean that windows cannot partly be off-screen? actually, I I'd like to keep that feature.

> > Finally, there should eventually be support for the
> fastDragWindowForMorphic preference...
>
> Personally I don't use that preference, but if the lynch mob clamors enough

Window moving is ok with this turned off on my machine, but resizing is way too jumpy for my taste.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what else you have in store and to having something like that integrated into Squeak.
Please keep posting your examples and explanations.