[BUG] minor MPEG bug under Linux?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 16 18:27:04 UTC 2001

> > Odd.  The only way I can see for primHasVideo: to fail is if the
> > "handle" argument isn't a valid file handle.  e.g., it is nil, or it
> > isn't a ByteArray...  I wonder how that could ever happen?
>
> Stranger still, it doesn't always happen: sometimes I open up Squeak and
> there is no debugger! But this is nowt but a (very) minor annoyance:
> I'll go buy another sound card and see what happens.

Whoa, open MPEG files don't survive snapshot+restart, any more than open
FileStreams.  If you reload an image, you need to reopen your MPEG
files, too.

(Arguably, they should try to do a re-open, but currently they don't.)

Have you ever seen this error *except* across a snapshot/restart
sequence?

Lex Spoon