Simultor frameworks for Squeak

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:30:54 UTC 2001

>    So this is very simple to do. The real work in making a discrete
>event simulation system has to do with making various statisical
>distributes, etc. I think most of those are in Smalltalk-80 and
>hence in Squeak. I also vaguely recall that there is some discussion
>about this in one of the colored books (I think maybe the Blue Book).

We used to this framework when we taught VisualWorks.  When we moved
to Squeak, we ported it to Squeak.  I just tried it, and it seems to
mostly work in 3.1a (I tried "NothingAtAll aDoNothingDemo" and the
event trace got created, but it ended in an error about a file
already being closed).  All the distribution classes are there.

The changeset is at http://guzdial.cc.gatech.edu/st/sims.cs

Lecture notes on the Blue book simulations stuff (with explanations
and demos) are at:
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/classes/cs2390_97_summer/lectures/introsims.html

Mark

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu