Building VM for Mac OS X

Eric Scharff Eric.Scharff at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 18 20:30:31 UTC 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Do you know if it is now possible to build OS9 binaries with the OSX gcc?
> That would be a great thing for J3: it needs to be compiled with gcc,
> but the MPW/GCC for OS9 is old and buggy...

I don't think so. I think OS X's GCC just makes the native (mach-o)
binaries.  Since CodeWarrior and MPW exist to make classic stuff, the
likelyhood that support for the older binaries will get added is low.

> (The MPW/GCC sourcetree is available at
> http://irafs1.ira.uka.de/~marcus/j3/3.0Alpha7MTJ3.11j-SRC.sit.bin

But I'll be happy to experiment with J3 for OS X. :)

-Eric