StrongARM SBC performance of Squeak?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Jul 19 13:35:30 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:32:09 +0100, "Toby Watson" <toby at tui.co.uk> wrote:

> http://www.applieddata.net/products_master.asp or you might look at the
> Bitsy product - $300 in volume?

Yeah, thanks, it looks like a nice machine, but I'm looking for something
in the $300 range for a single-quantity development system... I'm funding
this thing out of my pocket, so spending a couple grand on something like
that just isn't an option right now.

I think I'm going to try this one:

http://developer.axis.com/hardware/devboard/

It runs Linux, has on-board ethernet, a pair of serial ports, and a bunch
of other stuff. I want to run fully headless, so the ethernet is very
important to me.

The tools are all free, and the developer board costs $300 plus $70
shipping (from Sweden). Looks like the online technical help forum is
useful also.

I'm assuming a headless VM should be relatively easy to port to this
device, with TCP/IP and serial port support. I'm hoping it won't crash
every ten minutes like the Helio does...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com