[OT] RE: M$ banging nails into java's coffin?

David Chase chase at world.std.com
Thu Jul 19 17:37:44 UTC 2001

At 02:55 PM 7/19/2001 +0100, Peter Crowther wrote:
>This is where it's an advantage to have a small, fast Squeak plug-in with a
>framework that will allow the same content to run anywhere!

Normally I just listen, but I have a question/comment:

  What assurance do I have that this Squeak plug-in will not
  leave me vulnerable to various hack attacks?  Where can I
  go to read about the security features/design of the Squeak
  plug-in?

Perhaps I am just a crank, but I advise anyone who asks to
not use IIS, not use Outlook, and not use Word or Excel to
exchange documents, because the security risks (both
incoming, in the form of buffer-overrun attacks and
VB viruses, and outgoing, in the form of leaked information
in my documents) are too high.

David Chase