StrongARM SBC performance of Squeak?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Jul 19 20:23:22 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:06:59 -0700, you wrote:

> a bit more expensive, but probably has more support available since it
> is a 'mainstream' processor. Besides, there should be upgrades to XScale
> someday soon, which could give you 1.6gips for 1.2w :-)  Sentient
> submarine, anyone?

Yeah, its nice, but at $675, and its not even clear that it has
onboard ethernet without adding some other board.

I ordered the Axis board, so I'll see how that goes when I get it... I
have to do the Squeak VM port myself, but it has gcc, and all the
tools are free.

This will be a full-blown headless system, with only logging out a
serial port, so it should be interesting to see how it goes.

Tim, will VMMaker help me with this? I'm assuming since I'm not doing
any display stuff, all I need is another Linux port, and stub out the
display stuff, and it should just work...

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com