Building VM for Mac OS X

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jul 21 06:20:48 UTC 2001

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 19 July 2001 06:33 am, you wrote:
>
> > If it *is* GNU-specific, I really wonder if it could be made to work
> > under any awk.
>
> Why not just do it in Perl? The enclosed was translated using a2p and
> produces the same output.

I would think gawk is more commonly available than perl, especially for
people that have gcc installed.  Also, awk really is a good language for
this problem.

Anyway, this got me to thinking about how to do this really portably.
For amusement's sake (someone should really just make the awk script
portabl), attached is a script written in a language more portable than
either awk *or* perl.

-Lex