[ENH] Enhanced Debugging Experience (first shot)

Hans-Martin Mosner hm.mosner at cityweb.de
Sun Jul 22 05:52:38 UTC 2001

Ross Boylan wrote:

> Wow!  Sounds like great stuff.  I had two posts June 29 + 30 "Debugger
> Desirable Features" if you're running out of projects :).
>
> It looks as if you've fixed, or at least improved the problem with
> next statement highlighting that I mentioned in those posts (item 2
> below).

Yep, your post was one of the last drops in the bucket, so to speach...

> The other item was that "send" should be able to move you out of a method.

That's really easy to fix; you should be able to do it by yourself. Look up
the method #send in the debugger. You'll see a line
self contextStackIndex > 1 | currentContext willReturn
Just remove the part "| currentContext willReturn" and you're set.

> While I'm at it, having the ability to move to the exit from a method
> (ie. do all the steps in this method and then pop up the debugger when
> I return to the caller) would also be a nice touch.

I'll add that to my list...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin