[BUG] Preferences>disableProgrammerFacilities doesn't

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 23 23:50:09 UTC 2001

I'm attempting to wrap up an image to deliver as a demo. The three
things I wanted to do were:-
shrink the image
turn off halos etc
embed the image into the VM.

So far _none_ of these have worked very well.

I tried using Preferences>disableProgrammerFacilities to do the no-halos
stuff and took careful note of the dire warnings. Unfortunately, the
crucial preference #cmdGesturesEnabled is completely ignored; turning it
off has no effect! In 2.7 (the only othe image level I have to hand
right now) HandMorph>specialGesture: appeared to be where this
preference was checked but there appears to be no analogue of this
immediately discernable in 3.1

I'd really appreciate some pointer to a suitable place to check the preference.

tim