[ANN] GemSqueak - Squeak client for GemStone/S

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Jul 24 07:31:35 UTC 2001

Thanks--wonderful news.

I also found the link to dowload did not work.

I notice you say it's been tested on Windows and Linux.  Is there a version
of Gemstone/S that runs on Windows?  At least for the free downloads, it
seems to be only Linux.

Have you approached Gemstone about funding development?  I'm Gemstone
certified and they are in my neighborhood, I think, so perhaps I could
lobby them on your behalf.  Such lobbying probably won't move any
mountains, but it couldn't hurt.

How does this compare to MinneStore or other Object DB's for Squeak (of
which there seem to be few)?  I've been looking around for something to use.