I'm New Here - Responce

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Jul 24 12:56:54 UTC 2001

[snip]
> Frank Lesser, I've been to your web site. I think you have the right idea
> about the direction that Smalltalk developers would like to see the language
> evolve. Let us (me) know when you have a commercial product.
[snip]

Just being pedantic, again (and there's probably no need to *mention* it
again, but if I were the kind of guy who wouldn't mention it, I'd be the
kind of guy who wouldn't be writing this post[1]), while I'm very
interested in Frank's stuff, there are a *lot* of directions the
"Smalltalk developers" would like to see the langauge (and
enviroments/implementations) evolve. Pluralism isn't just a good idea,
it's a real fact. My motto is: "Build for yourself, first, and then for
specific other people, then share with any who wants to play."

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.

[1]Ok, well, there are other-than-pedantic-ways-of-being such that, if I
were them, I'd still be writing this note (e.g., being humorous, while
granted is *unlikely* in my case, is still a bare logical
possibility). Furthermore, being pedantic, coupled with other qualities,
my result in the suppression of such notes.

Just setting the record straight.[2]

[2]Or, at least reasonable smoothly curved.