I'm New Here - Responce

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 03:18:09 UTC 2001

> But the VM *is* small.  According to MacOS, the Squeak
> 3.0Alpha8MT VM is a "1,012 K application".

And I believe this is a "fat" binary. The current Windows VM is about 600k.

> And the 2.8 VM was "1,004 K", so the rate of
> growth doesn't seem to be all that high.

Actually, you can come in a *lot* smaller than the above. We've got tons of
stuff that is coming right with the VM these days (all those interpreter
plugins) and if you take them out you can get a VM which is ~100k. I did
this some time ago just to see how small a VM can be.

Cheers,
  - Andreas