Microsoft removes Netscape support from IE; plug-in needs re-writing.

Edwin Pilobello edwinp13 at home.com
Wed Jul 25 20:14:18 UTC 2001

Don't be surprised.  It's a from-the-ground-up re-thinking at Microsoft.
With the security issues (as well as the legal issues raised by the resent
break-up negotiations) and the upcoming push towards the .net paradigm, they
really don't have much of a choice.  All their press, buzz and inside mantra
is towards this complete shift.  The new C# CLI is much cleaner than C or
C++ because there are no more &'s, ::'s or any of that stuff.  BTW, the
chief architect of C# is an avid SmallTalk programmer.

So shall we just keep our hopes that perhaps this "We are M$, you will be
assimilated, resistance is futile" process may not be so painful?  At least
their lawyers will advice M$ on how to keep from being perceived as
"monopolistic".

:-)  edwin

P.S. -  The best time to kill a snake is when it's shedding.  If anyone has
a big stick and a better (not even perfect) plan, why please speak up and
tell me where to sign up.