MathPack - Best way to Package & Document?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 07:02:29 UTC 2001

Phil Weichert wrote:

> Follow Squeakers!
>
> Still need feedback:
> 1) The best way to package and distribute MathPack!

Either as a changeset or as plain old .st fileout: just gzip it to
preserve bandwidth. (Or zip it if you must :-)).

> 2) How to proceed to get MathPack included as part of the standard
> image.  Who to contact?

I don't think there's any formal process for this: generally, if the
stuff is well loved, it'll get included (probably). There are a few
things I like which usually get left out! But they tend to deal with
*nix stuff.

> Thanks for all the excellent suggestions on the best way to handle the
> documentation for MathPack.  HTML appears to be the number one choice,
> so I am doing the doc in HTML.  Plain Text come in second.  A number of
> people recommended Latex.  Still have not found Ian Piumarta port to
> another Smalltalk.

There is:

http://squeak.heeg.de:8080/FAQW9PFC7722LKP8L1CUKS5C7ZDH6MZ

which, despite the URL, is written for VisualWorks (not sure it's by Ian
though).

> I did find a permanent site,
> http://www.latex-project.org/, which has a lot of good information on
> LaTeX.

Thanks for the URL: I was looking for some more stuff on LaTeX myself.

Cheers

John