[OT] RE: Microsoft removes Netscape support from IE; plug-in needsre-writing.

Edwin Pilobello edwinp13 at home.com
Thu Jul 26 18:12:39 UTC 2001

IMO the the M$ business model of independent cost centers needs to be
examined before mistaking shear size as mere "water gain".  They're pretty
lean and mean, albeit with deep pockets.  And they are in a very bad
fighting mood for having been sucker punched.  Besides, M$ owns their shop
and are self-financed.  Even if they do loose their shirts on XP, that would
simply bare their pecks, abs, etc.

The real loss is when new innovative shops "sell out" to M$ offers that
"cannot be refused".  We all know they hide behind no henchmen.  They rough
up the little guys in broad daylight for all of us to see.

- edwin