[OT] RE: Microsoft removes Netscape support from IE; plug-in needsre-writing.

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 22:24:43 UTC 2001

I quite like Stephen's analysis. But I'd factor in Microsoft's
vulnerability in the server market (one major body produced figures
which would, if extrapolated, indicate Microsoft loosing that market
almost completely by 2005!) and in the embeded market (CE is simply too
expensive) plus its lack of real presence in the developing world (far
too expensive) where a PS2 running Linux would seem to represent the
easiest and cheapest way of putting together an internet appliance +.
Add to that that they have nowt that runs on the big iron or even stuff
that is 64bit ready.....

Two other things:

People have long compared Gates to Carnegie -- isn't a comparison to
Frick as appropriate?

If "Linux is Cancer" (Steve Bulmer, Microsoft CEO and really thoughtful,
caring, individual) does this mean that "Windows is Tertiary Syphilis"
and that "Mac OS 8 is a Really Bad Head Cold"?

Cheers

John

____