[Rant] Shrinking problems and rampant interdependencies

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 27 00:28:38 UTC 2001

Just so people know how it all turned out, I eventually got my image
(with morphic relieved of games, most scripting classes, demos etc)
including an open instance of the user application down to 3.3Mb.

I also made a tolerably successful pass at turning off _all_ the window
menu, halo, cmd-. etc stuff. At least, I haven't been able to get hold
of any of them in the double-clickable application that resulted.

I also spent some time trying to peel StandardScriptingSystem away from
some of the myriad places it sticks to, but eventually got beaten by its
partner in crime 'Presenter' which is also everywhere I didn't want it
to be. I gave up eventually, but I'm sure it must be possible given
enough aspirin.

tim
Useful random insult:- Hid behind the door when they passed out brains.