[OT] RE: Microsoft removes Netscape support from IE; plug-in needsre-writing.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jul 28 08:16:25 UTC 2001

>I don't want to whip Mac fans into a flurry, but keep in mind that MS
>owns about 17% (or around that) of Apple.  Basically, MS is keeping
>Apple at arms length (IMO).

Ahh. Not true any more last fall MS converted their preferred shares
to common shares and dump 1O's of million onto the market. Strangely
enough that week Apples shares dropped 5O%, although Apple was
announcing no profit that Qtr, the timing was very interesting and
one wonders what effect a sudden desire to sell lots of shares at any
price would have on a company in a gloomy marketplace.