[ENH] Enhanced Debugging Experience (addition for mustBeBoolean)

Vassili Bykov vassili at parcplace.com
Sun Jul 29 20:15:54 UTC 2001

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
>This would be convenient for experts and beginners alike for quickly
>stepping though code snippets, but would especially encourage beginners
>to play with stepping through code in the debugger, which is one of the
>best ways to learn Smalltalk.  (I briefly tried to implement "debug it"
>myself once, but I ran into some problem with getting at the current
>context... I don't remember now. :) )

You could look at my implementation in VisualWorks as an example.  Squeak is
even simpler because of simpler contexts.  Here is a rough 10-minute hack
that does the trick.  It doesn't do the Right Thing with the receiver, but
that will be an exercise to the reader. :)

Cheers,

--Vassili

--
Vassili Bykov [|] <vassili at parcplace.com>