struggling with Celeste

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 05:13:38 UTC 2001

Dear All

I fire up Celeste. I've entered my email name, pop3 server, user name
and SMTP server. I hook up to my ISP and try to get Celeste to pick up
some mail (same kind of error if I try to send it).

I get the debugger and

Error:Unable To Authenticate Ourselves To The Pop Server

PopSocket(Object)>>error:
PopSocket>>connectToPOP:

(but it looks as though the connection has gone OK): I've got

address: 	a ByteArray(212 1 128 148)
response: 	'+OK Telinco POP3 Server (Version 1.005l-tweaked RPW) ready
at <Mon Jul 30 04:39:25 2001>
'

So that's fine

It's sending the right password/username.

Do I need to do anything to the PopSocket?

I'm completely bewildered by this.

Having said all that, some of my messages are actually getting sent (and
picked up by Netscape).

When Celeste requests my password, is it looking for a higher level
authentification than my (ISP style) username? (In which case I need to
comment out that code, prontissimo!)

Cheers

John