The goal of K-12 CS education

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Mon Jul 30 14:08:20 UTC 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Kay [mailto:Alan.Kay at squeakland.org]
Sent: maandag 30 juli 2001 16:12
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Subject: Re: The goal of K-12 CS education

Do you folks realize that every Player (the automatic wrapping of a
morph for kids) in Squeak is a turtle?  Get the handles by cmd-click,
then click on the blue eye to see the viewer, then look in the
category called "pen use". Change pen down to true.

Cheers,

Alan

> OK Alan, the problem of transfer: Suppose I learn in Squeakland to build a
car and automatic run a track with the color-under-command. Where can I
apply this knowledge outsite track-racing or other kinds of mazes (like the
moving robot.) What can help me to come to better transfer from this
knowledge-molecule?