FFI broken ?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Jul 31 17:31:56 UTC 2001

Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> Rob
>
> >I wish I could execute the  'Smalltalk listLoadedModules' after
> >executing the statement 'Win32Shell explore: 'C:\'' there is no
> >Squeak anymore: it crashes without warning or other message.
>
> I opened up a fresh 3.0 image (3.0 - 4 February 2000 - #3545) from the
> server and tried
>
> Win32Shell new shellOpen: 'C:\'
>
> It opens a Windows explorer.

Executing the above command works fine for me as well, on a freshly downloaded 3.0 package.

You may want to make sure that you're not inadvertently running an old VM.  If you bring up the Windows menu (by clicking on the titlebar or pressing F2), and select "Display version information", it should say "Squeak 3.0 VM (release build 1) from Feb 18 2001".

Also make sure the SqueakFFIPrims.dll file is still in the same directory as the VM/image.

Other than that, I'm not sure if your Windows version might matter... what version are you running?  It works for me on Windows 2000.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com