Newbie Squeak on Mac

Scott Wallace scott at squeakland.org
Tue Jul 31 18:40:05 UTC 2001

Glenn,

This phenomenon has been seen when running older versions of the Mac
VM on systems that have the Norton Antivirus extension installed.

I believe that recent Mac VM's claim not to have this problem
(starting, IIRC, with 3.0.11) though I've never actually heard
positive confirmation of this.

For a start, try disabling the NAV extension (if you're using it) and
see if the problem goes away.  Then try installing a newer version of
the VM, re-enable NAV, and see if all is well.

Please let us know what you find out!

Cheers,

   -- Scott