Supporting newish input devices

John Kozak jk at xylema.org
Sat Jun 30 15:27:37 UTC 2001

I've got some (PC) peripherals it would be nice to have more support
for, and I've started to dig around looking at adding some.  I'd
appreciate any comments on the feasibility or folly of these:

 wacom tablet.  By default, this acts as another way to move the
  mouse cursor, but can be used as a another, independent, pointing
  device.  I'd like to have two separate Hands, the pen one having
  genie on and the mouse one not.

 MS Intellimouse.  It's got five buttons; it'd be nice to use them all...

 windows keyboard.  I'd like to be able to use the windows and menu
  keys - could someone point be at where global key bindings live?  Is
  there a utility that dumps out the keyboard stream (or something like
  emacs' view-lossage)?

thanks,

John