Multiple disjoint object memory in Smalltalk

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Sun Jun 3 19:53:30 UTC 2001

>See self longAt: oop put: (header bitAnd: AllButRootBit). clears that
>Root Bit everywhere. But I'd think ObjectMemory>>clearRootsTable
>should do that which is called from fullGC which is called from
>ObjectMemory>>primitiveSnapshot.
>
>Still need to count those objects tho...

> FWIW, it would be easy to forego the counting, since the forwarding block
allocation could be > determined in a worst-case way from the size of the
image instead.  Plus, it's an interim
> solution anyway.  There's a better way that's waiting for some free time.

The better solution sounds good.  In the meantime, how exactly would this
alternative approach be coded?  I'd really like to be able to skip
adjustAllOopsBy when mapping an image into the same location in memory.

	- Dan