Odd interaction between Gvim and Squeak

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Jun 7 20:07:04 UTC 2001

[ On Wednesday, June 6, 2001 at 17:37:56 (-0500), Lex Spoon wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Odd interaction between Gvim and Squeak
>
> For what it's worth, XWindows cut and paste actually is pretty
> complicated.  There is no actual clipboard, if that gives you any idea
> of the difficulties.  It looks like some programs want a slightly
> different flavor of cut-and-paste than what Squeak/Unix does right now.
> Any XWindows hackers are heartily invited to take a look at sqXWindow.c
> and see if you can figure out what the problem is!

Yes, that's something I'm very keen to look at after I get the Unix/X11
VM working properly on monochrome (and maybe greyscale).  I don't know
if I've got any better understanding of X11 programming though!  ;-)

(I cannot handle the stress of using the colour monitor I've got now for
more than a few hours at a time and so until I can afford a very hi-res
flat-panel screen (or better!) and whatever it takes to drive it best I
have to continue using my very clean 1600x1280 monochrome screen for the
majority of my work.)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>