Bitmap accessing

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Jun 17 17:37:09 UTC 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 19:24:47 +0200 Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
>Hmmm. I see. So the shortcut to access the form bits has some issues :-)
>Maybe I'll go back to form x at y again, to keep this simple.
>But the speed gain was so much fun...

Karl,

You might want to look at BitBlt class>>bitPokerToForm: and #bitPeekerFromForm:. These will give you the right bits and, with a little tweaking, will run pretty fast. An alternative would be to do all your behind-the-scenes processing in 32-bit depth with your original code and use a single copy to convert the input or output when the depths are not 32.

Cheers,
Bob