How to print

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Jun 17 00:50:05 UTC 2001

I have a system browser, select a class, and pick show hierarchy.

How do I get the stuff in the main pane to come out on a piece of paper?  I
gather from the FAQ and archives that this is not straightforward.  I have
a postscript printer, and run under Linux and W2K.

Should I just copy the thing into notepad?

If I select the area and hit middle mouse/more/ send contents to printer I
get traffic sent to the printer, but nothing actually prints.  (In fact
under W2K my printer queue ended up blocked with a document I can't
delete.  I've seen this happen with other programs too.)

There are various pretty print entries on the same menu, but they don't
seem to do anything.

I also see a printer setup entry, but I'm not sure if it's used.  At any
rate, it doesn't have any references to specific operating system devices.