Mssrs ? Re: iPAQ 3670 (was: a morphic tutorial in morphic)

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Mon Jun 18 16:11:39 UTC 2001

>From the Cambridge International Dictionary of English:

Messrs formal plural of
"Mr" title used before a man's name, esp. used before the names of two or
more people in the title of a company
Messrs Wood and Laurence, solicitors

It's pronounced much like (and has meaning similar to) the French word
"messieurs", except that the trailing "s" *is* pronounced in English (i.e.
"may-syurz").

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken