Icons

Christopher Sawtell csawtell at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 29 10:05:44 UTC 2001

Ross Boylan wrote:

> If I want to make a little icon, what's the best way to do it?  Can it be
> done with the internal painting tool?
>
> I have a hazy recollection of seeing a recommendation to use an external
> paint program and then importing the result (into one of the image or
> button morphs?).

I would concur with that statement.

If you use unix / linux your could try the GIMP http://www.gimp.org/
or the KDE Icon editor. http://www.kde.org/ ( KDE home page. )

Photoshop for that man's apology of an o/s.

> While poking around I found the forms dictionary in Scripting System.  Can
> anyone tell me if the code that populates it is in the system, or are we
> left only with the artifact?  (I found some code for a few items, but not
> most).
>
> Any recommended sources of icons on the net?

http://www.google.com/search?q=icon+library&btnG=Google+Search

hundreds of them!!!

There are also many very beautiful icons within the kde distribution
packages but it seems that they are not separated from their program
suites.

What in particular are you looking for?

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME       Christopher Sawtell
 CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
 ICQ UIN    45863470
 EMAIL      csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
 CNOTES
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

 -->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to
me <<--